Yesterday was an exciting day for me - Isaac checked out his first library books! (Click on pic to see our choices.) It was actually our first visit to the library since we moved here. It is a very nice library and pretty close to our house. The first floor contains the checkout area and media (computer stations, DVD's, CD's, etc.); the second floor is the children's floor, complete with a large room for storytime presentations; and the fourth floor is the fiction and nonfiction. I guess the third floor is off-limits. I didn't take the stroller, but I learned that lesson! By the time I finished the paperwork for a library card, found out all the information about home access to the card catalog and their children's storytime, and visited the children's floor, my arms were about to fall off. Isaac is getting to be quite a chunk! I'll have to check out the fourth floor later. We did get Isaac a couple of books and a Baby Einstein video. I've never seen one, so I thought we'd give it a try. Anyway, it was quite an exciting "first" for us!

Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A boy is Truth with dirt on it's face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair, and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket. -- Author Unknown

4 comments:
We swear by Baby Einstein in our house. Seriously it gives me 20 minutes to do whatever I need to do without hearing a crying baby or upset toddler.
Aynslee askes often to watch one of her Einsteins. Avery recently has discovered them.
I got the one about "first words" since he's beginning to talk. Can you tell if the girls learn anything from them?
We have the first words around town. Elaina would probably watch it all day if I would let her.
I think this one is first words around the house. I was so disappointed - I tried putting it in yesterday while I was trying to get the bills payed and I couldn't get it to work. I didn't feel like messing with it yesterday, but I'm going to have to see if cleaning it helps.
Post a Comment