skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Splish Splash
Isaac recently got to go swimming in Paw-Paw and Nana-maw's pool for the first time. He loves his bath, and we thought he would instantly love the pool, as well, but we were wrong! Jim was already in the pool by the time I got Isaac all lathered up in his SPF60, so when I got out there, I reached down and handed him to Jim. Apparently, it was too much, too fast. He went to screaming and Jim had to hand him back out to me. I then tried just stepping down onto the steps and easing in, but he was already upset. We had to take it very slowly. We started out sitting in a chair beside the pool, and then moved to the edge and sat on the concrete, working up to splashing water on his legs. We then put his legs in the water and let him kick at a float. Once he was comfortable with all that and began reaching for the water pooled up on the float, we were able to ease him down onto the float and eventually into the water. After an hour or so, he loved it. He would kick his feet behind him and splash at the water with both his feet and hands. I'm so glad he enjoyed it and am anxious to get him back in there for another swim. 




1 comment:
Looks like fun. Elaina liked the pool real well at that age but she didn't like to be in it very long. This year she could live in the pool but Claire isn't quite as thrilled with it.
Post a Comment