
We've been trying to use our weekends home this month to accomplish some child-friendly projects around the house. Since Isaac has a fascination for doors and anything behind them, we decided to simplify our lives and install cabinet latches in the kitchen and bathroom. I thought he would be upset when he saw that he couldn't get into them, but he just moved onto something else. He still lunges when he sees or hears us open a door, but he has given up trying to open them on his own.
We also put together a toy storage unit for Isaac's closet. Now, I can quit using his pack-n-play for a toy box! :) The toys may not actually end up in their designated spot very often, but at least they now have a place to call home.


Isaac immediately found the little hiding spot we left for him.
The other big project I worked on was setting up a spot I could close off for my scrapbook, sewing, and craft work. I'm proud to say I've recently completed the first scrapbook page for Isaac's book.

2 comments:
Good idea for your craft area. If I could get my guest room closet uncluttered it would be a great place for me to do that also.
Aynslee's toy box is like that. I love it. I think it keeps all the toys looking neater.
I recently got one of those toy bin storage things that Target sells off of craiglist and put it in the girls closet. It's working out great not just for extra toys but for shoes, etc.
Thanks! The guest bedroom closet is where I set that up, also. I love being able to close it off and just leave my stuff out.
I was hoping the cube system would work well. I remember our toys often getting broken in our big box.
I've seen those bin systems, but unless I do some re-arranging, I'm out of room in there. They do look handy, though.
Post a Comment