(Catch-up Post) I love decorating for Christmas and am usually right in the middle of things, but Jim had to do most of the heavy work this year. Since I wasn't able to be as much help this time, we spread our decorating over several evenings. Isaac was fascinated with the putting up of the Christmas tree. Here he is helping Daddy get the tree out of the box,
assembling the base,
and unpacking the boxes of decorations. It was nice for Jim to have such a good new helper. ;)
Here is our finished tree. Most of our decorations are in blue, silver, and white, and are related to a snowflake theme. We went ahead and put all of our breakable ornaments on the tree this year, but it didn't take long to move the majority of them to the top 2/3 of the tree. :)
When Jim and I were dating, we started the tradition of purchasing an ornament or two to represent the major events of that year. Most of our family ornaments so far relate to house purchases (we've owned 3 different houses in 3 consecutive years!) and parents-to-be or new parents. 2007's ornament represented parents-to-be for Noah. We also started the tradition for Isaac when he was born, but I failed to get a pic of his ornament this year.

No comments:
Post a Comment