Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Like Mother, Like Son

Isaac has been told that it is bedtime. He is heading down the hall. Daddy is supposed to be following. Isaac turns around. Daddy is still watching television. Isaac says, "Daddy." No response. "Daddy." No response. "Daddy, turn this way."

Other recent quotes:

"Momma, what are you thinking?"

"Does that make sense?"

"Momma, I love you. Do you know that?"

Today at naptime, I had finished reading his story, and was heading out of the room. He had reviewed the rules, "No talking, No getting up," but still called out, "Momma, can I have a lullaby?" Giving in to the cute excuse to keep me in there just a bit longer, I ignored the broken rule and agreed to his request. I asked which lullaby he wanted. He answered, "The Star Wars one." I ran through quite a list in my head before I came up with "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." Yes, this was the one he wanted.

No comments:

A boy is Truth with dirt on it's face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair, and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket. -- Author Unknown