Prompted by the observation that his ice kept disappearing in his cup of lemonade, Isaac and I have been talking about various forms and processes of water over the last couple of weeks. On Tuesday, we did a science experiment. We put water into a tray of fish-shaped ice cube forms and waited for it to freeze into ice. Then, we took a fish cube of ice, put it into a jar lid, and watched it melt back into water. We then poured that water (the melted ice) into his glass of lemonde to help him make the connection as to what was happening. I think this all made sense to him.


Then, Friday, as we were cooking some spaghetti for our lunch, I asked him if he remembered what the water made when it got really hot. He just looked at me, thoughtful for a second. I could tell when he arrived at the answer. He grinned, nodded proudly, and answered, "Spaghetti!"
No comments:
Post a Comment