We went to the doctor for our first sonogram yesterday. The doctor said the baby looks great! I was 10 weeks and 3 days along, and our due date is August 18th. The baby is currently showing 4 days ahead on his/her growth numbers. We got to see him/her moving and it looked like he/she was waving to us. (I don't like to use "it" but it reduces typing until we find out.) You can see the baby holding its hand up above its head on the upper right side of the photo.Without going into detail, this week marks the beginning of our usual cautionary period, and we would appreciate your prayers. I go for another checkup this next week, and then another sonogram at the beginning of February.
Isaac is very excited about the new baby. Everyone has been asking him what he wants. At first, his reply was, "I been thinkin' about a baby sister." Then, it became, "I been thinkin' about both! I need a baby sister, and Noah needs a baby brother." (By the way, the sonogram only showed one!!!) Now, his answer has become, "I'm thinkin' about it." ---- He really enjoyed watching the sonogram yesterday. When I was first trying to explain to him what we were going to go do, he kept asking if Noah was going to be ok. It took me a while to figure out that when I said we were going to see how the new baby is growing, he thought I meant Noah. He had been talking about the baby in my tummy, but I guess he didn't really get it yet. I think the sonogram cleared it up for him. We got to watch it on a big screen tv, and once the baby began moving and with a little help, Isaac could make out the baby's head and see it waving to us. It was neat seeing him "get it."

1 comment:
How exciting! I hadn't heard. Yeah!
Post a Comment