Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Five Months


It won't be long until our big guy will be sitting up on his own. ---Notice he's leaning up to read his little book - it does a librarian's heart proud!

We've got a mirror on the headrest behind him in the car so I can see what he's doing while I'm driving. When we are driving around in Dallas, he likes to lean as far up as his safety strap allows and try to look out the window at the sights.

He is five months old now - it is going by so fast!!! My favorite pasttime is still just sitting and watching him. I love watching him learn new things. He is really getting good at grasping things with his fingers now and is steadily gaining control of what his fingers are doing.

He talks constantly - the noise usually comes from the back of his throat and occasionally sounds like gargling. He loves when this happens. He is learning how to roll his lips while making a noise and blowing bubbles. This is also one of his proudest moments. He is a very good-natured baby and definitely a people person. He has the cutest laugh and a good sense of humor.

Though we've seen no actual teeth yet, the signs show it won't be long. He constantly has a trail of drool on his chin and a rosy-cheek appearance. He'll chew on his burp cloths and teething toys some, but his preference still seems to be for his fingers.

I am hoping he adjusts to our new home well. I believe we all will appreciate getting back to some sort of routine, him especially.

5 comments:

Knit Wit said...

We moved we Aynslee was about his age she did just fine.

Aynslee started the whole teething thing like you discribed at 3 months. She didn't get any teeth until she was 9 months but that was ok with me because we were nursing.

The new house is very nice, I love the back yard so would our dogs.

Rebekah Sacran said...

I can't wait to meet him! Your new home looks beautiful. We are moving next week and Elaina will be 15 months and Claire will be 3 months so I'm curious to see how they take it. Come visit soon now that I'm in the area so I can see you all!

Nardo said...

He is sooo cute! I am glad that I finally got to meet him in person last week. I love the fact that yall are now in our area!! We definitly need to get together again soon.

If you need any help unpacking or just settling in, let me know. I can be there in a hearbeat.

MICHAELSPAPPY said...

I have had the privilege of meeting the young gentleman, and he is a fine feller, with a ready smile.

Lacey said...

I hate that I missed you guys at Christmas. I wanted to meet little Isaac. Thank you so much for the gift I absolutely loved them! I hope I get to see you guys soon.

A boy is Truth with dirt on it's face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair, and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket. -- Author Unknown