Monday, August 27, 2007

First Hair-Cut

I cut Isaac's hair for the first time Wednesday night. For our barber chair, we put his Bumbo in a dining chair in the living room and set it up in front of the television. With his strong aversion to sudden loud noises, we decided against the clippers and went with the scissors. We let him watch a Curious Buddies movie to help distract him, and as long as I didn't get between him and the television, he stayed fairly still. He did make one sudden turn to see what I was doing at the beginning which resulted in a slight whitewall over his right ear, but other than that, the cut turned out ok. It definitely made him look more like a little boy and less like a baby.

We are afraid it is going to be a slight challenge making his hair do what he wants it to as it grows out. This is his double crown.

His hair no longer hangs in his face or down over his ears.


Daddy brushed him off when we finished with the haircut.

Doesn't he look handsome?! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

stud muffin!

Knit Wit said...

He looks so cute with that big boy haircut.

Nardo said...

aww! He is getting so big! I can't believe how long his legs look!

Myers Mama said...

Thanks!

Doesn't he look big all kicked back like that? - such a little man!

Anonymous said...

He looks like such a big boy! I can't wait to get a hug from him!!

A boy is Truth with dirt on it's face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair, and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket. -- Author Unknown