Hello All - If anyone is still checking this blog, that is. I'm attempting to kickstart my blogging again by removing a major hurdle: getting started. Though this is only my second pregnancy, I'm finding again that not many things other than the absolute top of the priority list thrive during such conditions. I'm thankful to say, the three (four) of us are still alive and kicking (the fourth, often and hard!), but please don't notice the cleanliness of the kitchen floor, status of the laundry piles, or condition of the poor houseplants. :)
I'm currently two weeks shy of the third trimester. It's another boy, for anyone who hasn't heard. We're still discussing name possibilities. My due date is July 21st. I've only had two separate weeks of bedrest so far, much better than the four and a half months with Isaac! This pregnancy is very similar to the last one and I'm still going to the doctor every 1 to 2 weeks, but knowing the pattern of the last one and the causes of some of the problems has relieved some of the stress and concern. The doctor and sonograms report that the new baby is looking very healthy and right on track, and we are anxiously awaiting his arrival! We do still beg an interest in your prayers.
As for Isaac, he is 21 months old, now. He will turn two on July 7th. He finally got the hang of walking at 18 months and the hang of running at 18 months and 2 days! :) To watch him now, you'd never know it took him a while to get started. Nothing seemed to be wrong; he was just a very cautious mover. He is also talking a lot, now. He says several words on his own, and repeats nearly everything he hears. He is a big copycat with both language and activity. He loves to be outside and "free" to go investigate whatever catches his eye. He likes to play and pats the floor next to him, inviting us to join him. He's a typical little boy. He loves blocks; cars, planes, and trains; and any game involving a ball. He's got a really good arm on him. I make him scoot back before he throws! He loves any aspect of music, from singing to playing to bopping his head, shaking his booty, and slapping his legs. He is the joy of our lives. I've got lots of good pictures and footage that I intend to work on posting very soon.
Last, but certainly not least, Jim...he is doing well. They are keeping him very busy at work. It's hard to get a true day off. Overall, he is enjoying his work, though, and things seem to be going well for him there. He is still attending Weight Watchers and just reached his 50 pound milestone two weeks ago. I'm so proud of him! -- He is a big help to me around the house right now. Surviving pregnancy is tough on him, too, but I appreciate him being such a trooper! ;)
To anyone left checking in, please continue to do so and hold me accountable for posting. I do enjoy it and am determined to move it up the priority list! :)
Tuesday, April 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A boy is Truth with dirt on it's face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair, and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket. -- Author Unknown

4 comments:
Yeah! You're back!
A new post!! Keep them coming! We miss you all very much!!
Thank you guys! I'm so glad to see you all are still checking into my forsaken blog! It makes me feel loved! :)
Hope you have a wonderful meeting this weekend. I wish we could be there, too! Miss you all!!!
Hey, glad to see you back at it.
Picking a name for the 2nd was so much harder. We didn't have one until after she was born so don't feel bad or stress about it. I did and it was not worth it. I just had to see her to know what her name should be.
Ummm, the whole house cleaning thing. It didn't end with the pregnacy thing. With 2 little ones our house stays messy but thats ok. I'd rather hang out with them than clean any day.
Post a Comment