I promise to the grandmothers and aunts...pictures and video clips to come soon. They just take a little longer since I'm having to go back and move them around on my computer before I can upload them. Then I will work on some catching up. Meanwhile, I'm trying to stay in the groove of blogging...journaling will work for now...
Jim had a big presentation to prepare for work, so he was busy most of the weekend. We didn't even stay for lunch at church on Sunday. Since he was busy, I thought I'd take Sunday evening and do a little cooking. I made a huge pot of spaghetti sauce. We had some of it with spaghetti noodles for supper; I put some back for Isaac's lunch this week; and then put the rest of it in the freezer for later. I used to cook big meals and put the extras in the freezer quite often, but haven't done much of it lately. Kristy has re-inspired me. She and Joe brought us several items she had frozen for us last time we were home (thank you, so much!). I'm trying to save them for July and August because I know I won't feel much like cooking right before and after the baby comes. I also thought that I could do some of that on my own again. I now have a company-size box of spaghetti sauce in my freezer for either church lunch or baby-visiting company. It really didn't take much extra work, and it felt good to start work on that project, especially since Jim wanted spaghetti for supper anyway.
While I was cooking and Jim was at the desk working, Isaac spent most of the time playing in the kitchen floor. At one point, he toddled off to the living room, and as I accidently kicked a plastic block, I stopped to take inventory of what was actually on my kitchen floor. Other than a few spots of splattered sauce:
*2 large plastic Hawaiian trays (one last functioning as a stove and the other last functioning as a toddler-sized boat)
*metal mixing bowl, small strainer, small pot, and a slotted spoon (functioning both as such and as a paddle for the boat)
*5 colored shape blocks (functioning both as food in the mixing bowl and pot as well as stackers)
*1 green pacifier
*a dump truck, left in "dump" position
*2 plastic golf clubs (formerly functioning as such and then as battle swords on Daddy's break)
Just curious...what is currently on your kitchen floor?
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A boy is Truth with dirt on it's face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair, and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket. -- Author Unknown

3 comments:
right now nothing since daddy and Aynslee cleaned up last night and I mopped. But usually it's letters for the fridge and play food from their kitchen.
Layers and layers of dirt. Yuck!
Ceridwen - You crack me up!
Erin - I'm jealous! :)
Post a Comment