Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Potty

(Current Post) Thinking of all the obvious benefits, Jim and I toyed with the idea of trying to potty-train Isaac before Noah's arrival. We bought him a potty chair to see how he reacted and to let him begin getting used to the idea. Though he seemed to understand that it was a potty on that first day (see pic), he's only recently began sitting on it again. Over the past few months, he found several other uses for his new "toy." He would "cook" in it, swirling his pacifiers around inside the hole to stir up his concoction = "pot"ty. He liked to stick his leg in it (no interpretation of that?). He would also remove the seat part and wear it around the house as a watch or hat. Though he is finally seeming to understand its proper use this week, I've decided to wait until after Noah gets here to make sure I can devote the attention to it that it will require. I just don't think I have the energy to be consistent with it right now. (Pic from Feb 2008)

No comments:

A boy is Truth with dirt on it's face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair, and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket. -- Author Unknown