This made me laugh recently...
Isaac encouraging Noah to take his medicine: "Come on, Noah. It tastes like candy!" (I wonder where he heard that!) :)
In response to Isaac walking into the kitchen with his hands curled in the air and growling,
Me: "What are you?"
Isaac: "A bear."
Me: "A bear, huh? What kind of bear? A grizzly bear? Or a panda bear? ..."
Isaac: "A teddy bear...grrrrr"
"Mom, are we going to the storm (store) today?"
We are getting our shoes on to go play outside. Isaac brings his into the room and stops, shaking his head while peering into one shoe, "Mom, my shoe no fit...yep, it size 1, 2, 40!" He then hands me the shoe to inspect.
Our family was riding in the car together, and I could hear Isaac mumbling something to himself in the back. I asked him what he was talking about, and he responded with a young girl's name (she will remain nameless here). When I asked what it was he was saying about her, he responded with what I thought was something about her being his sister. Since we've been talking about sisters/brothers, I reminded him that he doesn't have any sisters and that she is his friend. In a frustrated tone, he informed me that he did not say "sister" and then repeated the misunderstood syllables. I said, "Oh! Picture!" Yes, we saw her picture on the computer, didn't we?" He then, in a completely exasperated tone and between clenched jaws, spits out, "No, Mom! I KISSED HER! - LIKE THIS: (SMACK)" (What are we going to do with this one?!)
Isaac is also using lots of expressions lately. Some that are often repeated include,
"Really?" (dead-pan stare; in response to any announcement or news)
"Oh! Wait a minute! I memmer (remember)..." (referring to something lost)
"Ummm...Nahhh" (while wrinkling up one side of his face and shaking his head back and forth --- and often in response to a request to do something for me!)
"No problem!" and "Sure!" (my preferred responses to a request to do something for me!)
"Wait! I have idea!" (with finger in the air and usually followed by a trip to the freezer or refrigerator!)
"Mom/Dad, Come air, Come air (Come Here)!!" (at top of lungs - we're working on an "inside" voice!
"Uh-cuz...(because)" (repeated when trying to think of an excuse as to why he just did something he shouldn't have)
"Oh my goodness!" (exasperated and often said while slapping self in forehead)
"I be back second, k Mama?" (while sticking his index finger into the air and followed by running in the opposite direction to go get something he needs)
"I find it!!! Here you go!!! (while locating race cars gone astray)
....and my new favorite..."Mom, you want a big ol hug?!" (followed by a "squeezin' bear hug")
Monday, February 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A boy is Truth with dirt on it's face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair, and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket. -- Author Unknown

2 comments:
That last one is my favorite!
That is hillarious!
Post a Comment